- Provider receives various types of information (“Information”) from Users who access the Website, including Personal Information as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act (“PAIA”), Act 2 of 2000, and as detailed in section 1 of ECTA (“Personal Information”) and under the Protection of Personal Information Act of 2013 (“POPIA”).
- The provider may electronically collect, store and use Personal Information, including amongst others names, contact details, addresses, surfing patterns, email, IP address, address and community groups, congregation etc. and all information provided by the User to Provider.
- We respect your privacy and endeavour to protect the Personal Information that you provide to us, in accordance with applicable laws.
The purpose of this policy is to explain how we collect, use and disclose your Personal Information for the purpose of administering the affairs of the Church and to ensure its proper functioning. Personal information for the purpose of this policy includes names, birth dates, wedding and anniversary dates, addresses, email addresses and contact numbers, congregation and community group membership, and all the information you as User, supply to us. We may gather additional information needed to meet other general, ministry and event needs within the Church and Associated Ministries of the church, provided to or given by you to us or our Service Providers (for example payment gateways, third party websites linked to our Website), the Four12 Website or App, Altitude, SEED, Isithembiso and Ready Aim Fire (RAF) collectively referred to as (“Service Providers”). You specifically consent to us sharing this personal information with Service Providers or Associated Ministries. The information that you provide will be subject to the guidelines set out in this policy below.
- Legal Compliance – Applicable laws that we pursue to adhere to are the POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), and the ECTA (Electronic Communications and Transfer Act).
- The information we collect:
- We collect and process your Personal Information mainly to contact you, to inform you of Church and Associated Ministries events and notices and for general Church administration
- Only necessary Personal Information is stored therefore we will not collect and store information that is not required for the above purposes. We collect your Personal Information and the information of your child directly from you
- How can you refuse or opt-out of cookies: most browsers are set by default to accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance and to prompt you every time a cookie is sent to you or to allow you to choose not to receive cookies at all. In addition, you can delete cookies on your electronic devices
- How can you manage your privacy preferences: if you’d like us to stop processing your information for marketing purposes, please write to us at the address email@example.com
- How we use information – We will use Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. By completing membership forms and visitors forms, using our website, or any other linked service providers website or any third-party service providers of the church, (like, for example the Four 12 website and App or Altitude, amongst others) (collectively referred to as the “Service Providers”) YOU AGREE TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT OF YOUR CHILD(REN), AS OUTLINED IN THIS POLICY. AND, YOU FURTHER AGREE TO THE TRANSFER OF ITS/YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CROSS-BORDER FOR PURPOSES OF HOSTING DATABASES, EMAILS AND/OR DOCUMENTS ON SUCH SERVERS, WITH APPROPRIATE SECURITY.
- Disclosure of information – We may disclose your information to our Service Providers who are involved in the delivery of services to you, such as information technology services, catering, accommodation and events management to the Church and its Affiliates (such as, amongst others, Altitude, Four12 partnering churches, payment gateways and/or booking services). We have agreements with our Service Providers and Four 12 churches to ensure that they comply with the POPIA.
- Consent ( By providing us with your or your child’s personal information you give us content):
- store your Personal Information and the Personal Information of your child or children;
- contact you (by email, SMS, WhatsApp or another available platform);
- disclose your birthday and anniversary (day and month only) on our weekly announcements which are circulated to Oxygen Life Church members as outlined in this Policy; and
- use your Personal Information internally for general administration of the Church and its events, meetings and programs.
- Access to information, record retention, updates and deletion
- We will not retain the Personal Information collected from you for a period longer than necessary. We may from time to time request updates from you of the information to ensure that it is correct. We will notify you when we need your Personal Information updated, or if your child’s information must be updated.
- You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to update or correct your Personal Information.
- You may also at any time withdraw your consent to use and store your or your child’s Personal Information, and request deletion of the information. We will request confirmation of your identity before attending to this request
- How to contact us
- If you have any queries about this policy, wish to withdraw your consent for the use of your Personal Information, or wish to access or correct your Personal Information, you will be required to communicate this to us in writing to the email address of the Church: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information security safeguards
- We have security policies and procedures in place to protect the Personal Information that we store and to stop unauthorized access thereto and use thereof
- Should we become aware of a breach of our security safeguards that affect your Personal Information we will notify you thereof as soon as reasonably practical if you are a Registered User and where we have your contact details to do so.
- This policy will be reviewed annually and updated when necessary. You will be notified of any changes as outlined herein.
- Interception of communications. Despite such undertaking to the contrary, it is possible for Internet-based communications to be intercepted. You must be aware of this risk and accept it by using our Website or Services.
- Without the use of encryption, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet e-mail is vulnerable to interception and forging.
- The Owners will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or disclosed information that you make to the Owners or Provider through the Internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorize the Owners or Service Provider’s to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
- To ensure acquaintance with and awareness of the privacy measures and policies of the Provider, the User is urged to take care to read and understand the underlying privacy clauses incorporated in these Terms.
When the Provider is served with due legal process requiring the delivery of Personal Information, it has the legal duty to abide by that demand and will do so. Provider may also impart Personal Information if permitted or required to do so by law.
- 2. Privacy – casual surfing
- The User may visit the Website without providing any Personal Information.
- The User accordingly grants express written permission for the Website servers in such instances collecting the IP address of the User computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information.
- This information is aggregated (added up) to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, etc.
- Provider uses this information to determine use of the Website, and to improve Content.
- Provider assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use the information.
- 3. Privacy – unsolicited information
- If the User posts unsolicited content or other information (“Information”) to the Website and does not indicate otherwise the User grants to the Owners a:
- perpetual (everlasting)
- irrevocable (irreversible); and
- fully sub-licensable, right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Information throughout the world in any media, without payment of any consideration.
- The User grants to the Owners the right to use the name that the User submits in connection with such Information, if they choose.
- The User warrants:
- that the User owns or otherwise controls all the rights to the Information that the User posts;
- that the Information is accurate;
- that the supply of the information to Provider:
- The User does not violate this Policy and does not infringe the rights of any person or entity; and
- that the User indemnifies the Owners for all claims resulting from the receipt by the Provider of the Information the User supplies to it.
- Provider may monitor and edit or remove any Information, where posted to public pages. The Provider takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Information posted by the User or any third party.
- 4. Privacy-solicited information the User gives to Provider
- Provider requires certain Personal Information necessary to process transactions if the User requires Provider’s Goods or Services.
- Provider receives and stores all Information, including Personal Information which the User enters on the Website or gives to Provider or its Affiliates in any other way. The User may choose not to provide certain Personal Information, but that may limit the Services or Goods that the User may wish to obtain from the Provider.
- Provider provides its Goods and Services in conjunction with its Service Providers and Affiliates. In this regard and unless specifically restricted by the User from the license below, the User when using our Site or Services and entering into the specific transactions in question expressly grants in writing to the Owners, Affiliates and the Service Provider a:
- irrevocable; and
- fully sub-licensable, right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such Information throughout the world in any media including transacting with User, registration of User, and the like
- The User’s Information that is required by Service Providers and/or Affiliates to give effect to transactions that the User chooses to enter into is shared with those Service Providers, and the User agrees to this.
- 5. MEDIA CONSENT
By attending our Church and/or its Affiliates, participating in meetings, programs or events (onsite or offsite) hosted by the Church or its Affiliates (which shall include its employees, agents, members or principals and our apostolic partners), photos, audio recordings and/or videos (the “Media Content”) may be taken of you and/or your children.
This Media Content may be used by us in Church or Affiliate publications (sound, audio, video or photos) with your consent. For this purpose, YOU HEREBY GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT WE MAY USE AND PUBLICISE SUCH MEDIA CONTENT (including image, likeness, appearance and voice) of you/your family forever and without revoking this consent and without compensation. All rights, title, and interest in such Media Content are owned by the Church or the respective Affiliate.
You/your family acknowledge that you are fully aware of the contents of this release and are under no disability, duress, or undue influence. Should any Media Content be objectionable to you, please don’t hesitate to contact us should we be able to minimise the effects of that particular use or publication, at email@example.com.
Should you require that you or someone in your family be excluded from this release, please notify us in writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 working days of becoming aware of it.
Follow us on our social media platforms to keep in touch
and access more of our resources